Want to know how to fix grub rescue error with the help of single command? All you need is windows installation or recovery disk. If you haven’t made it you can use Hiren’s boot CD. (download link)
To Temporary Access Your Computer, you can use Linux Pen Drive to boot into System. Read more about it from here.
Unknown File system
How It May Happen
There are many reasons but most commons one is- If you have install Ubuntu along with windows and you mess up with partition or uninstall Ubuntu. In that case the Grub is also uninstall and since windows can’t find it, we can’t login.
For Any system to boot into main memory, It require mbr (master boot record). When mbr is damage the system is damage the system is no longer able to load in operating system. And error of grub rescue is shown
Follow the steps
1. Insert Windows 7 Installation or DVD win recovery disk, if you don’t have them you can use Hiren’s boot cd.
2. Boot in cd/dvd drive. Usually this is done by press combination of F8 or F12. But since this varies from system to system, I suggest you Google ‘How to boot into cd on ___’ followed by your laptop model no.
3. In Hiren boot menu, select boot from hard drive windows 7
4. Press F8 immediately then Select Click Repair your compute.
5. Select a language click next, Click the Command Prompt and enter the command bootrec /fixmbr
6. Reboot computer and you are good to go.
Video- How to fix grub rescue error
If you face any problem let me know through the comments below.
Next time, if you are afraid to create another partition for installation, I suggest you use wubi installer. This lets you can install Linux in the same drive where you have install your windows and is very simple to use. You can select the OS during the start-up process. Read More here.