WAMP Server stands for Windows Apache MySQL Php .In this post we will find out install wamp on windows 7 on localhost On Windows.
This we are going to do in 3 parts
1. Download WAMP and WordPress.
2. Creating a database for website.
3. Installing wordpress in localhost.
Follow this simple steps to install wamp on windows 7
1. Download the wamp server and install it into the system.
[ilink url=”http://www.wampserver.com/en/download.php” style=”download”]Wamp server[/ilink]
2. Download the latest version of WordPress
[ilink url=”http://wordpress.org/download/” style=”download”]WordPress[/ilink] .
3.Now once you have download them you will need to install wamp server. Run the wamp software , it pretty simple steps just click on next and you will be able to configure it ,
4.You will see a small icon a right side of taskbar, click on it and select localhost (wait for it to turn green)
Open your favourite browser and type in http://localhost.
6. You will see a page like this under tools menu select phpmyadmin. The url should have change to http://localhost/phpmyadmin/
7.It’s time to create a database for you local website. click on the database tab enter the database name here i will be using wordpress and click create.
8. Open C:\wamp\www and add a new folder here and name it as wordpress. Now you have to extract wordpress.zip file in this wordpress folder.
9. Finally you have to create a configure file to install WordPress , go to http://localhost/wordpress on your browser.
You will see the create a configure file , click on it.
Enter the following details
Database name wordpress
Password (leave it blank)
For rest two keep it default
After filling this form click submit , if everything went well , it will ask you to run the installation , click run the install .
Next screen will ask you to enter your blog title , login username and password.
Congratulation !! you have install wordpress successfully, now login with your username and password
How to install wamp on windows 7 and install wordpress
If your works include running your Website / Project online & working with Multiple location then WAMP server might not be your thing.. Try USBWebserver it will Simply convert your Pen-drive into web server , so you won’t have to install software on Multiple Computer.
Read more on