Looking for some funny computer pranks? Well here are some simple tips and tricks to trick your friend. All you need is a couple of minutes alone with your friend’s laptop. So, let’s get started.
1. Where Are My Icons?
This computer prank is pretty old school. but works every single time.
What is the prank?
Desktop Icons will not respond to the double click.
How is this done
- Close all the applications on the laptop
- Take a screenshot of desktop using print screen key ( see above backspace key)
- Open Paint and paste the screenshot and save it
- Next, set that screenshot as your background wallpaper,
- Finally, right click on Desktop > view > uncheck show desktop icon.
This is it. Now watch the expression on your friend’s face when he tries to click on the icons (which is an image now).
2. The Damn Shutdown
Warning : Ok I must warn you first, this one is wild, use it at your own risk.
What is the computer trick?
Your friend’s laptop will restart automatically in every minute .
How is this done?
You need to do this in 2 steps. First, make a code to shutdown the computer and then we have to execute it each time the computer boots.
Copy the following code into notepad and save it as Prank.bat. Here, the shutdown is a command, “r “means restart, 60 is the time in sec.
Shutdown –r –t 60
In the second step, we have to move prank.bat folder in the startup folder. To find startup folder go to start > programs > startup. Now cut and paste prank.bat in the startup folder.
3. Virus Detected
What is this computer tips tricks?
When your friend clicks on Google chrome icon on his desktop a black screen will pop up warning him of virus detection and hard disk have to be formatted to restore windows.
Don’t worry it’s completely safe to use.
How is it done?
You have to make a batch file with given command and then make him click that by disguising it with Google chrome icon.
1. Copy the following code to notepad and save as a prank.bat
@echo off echo Access Denied! Your Computer is infected echo - echo Do not attempt to quit. PAUSE echo System check echo - echo CHECKING FOR POWER PAUSE echo - echo Power - FAILED PAUSE echo - echo CHECKING FOR RAM PAUSE echo - echo RAM - FAILED PAUSE echo - echo CHECKING FOR ANTIVIRUS UPDATES PAUSE echo - echo UPDATE FAILURE echo - PAUSE echo Breach of IP adress echo - echo Firewall - FAILED echo - PAUSE echo Virus attaining: 192.168.XX.X echo - echo Hard drive must be erased and rebooted to resume windows. echo - PAUSE echo - echo Starting to reboot hardrive. echo - echo Restart after 10 minutes approximately. PAUSE :START start troubleshooting.bat GOTO START
2. Now go to Google image and type Google chrome icon and save the image that looks like chrome icon to your desktop.
3. To change the format from .jpg to .ico, we can use online .ico image converter like icoconverter. (or use the link at the end)
4. Save the .ico file to the desktop, Now change the icon image of prank.bat to this Google icon that we have downloaded, to do this right click the folder >> properties >> customize .
But you won’t see the Customize tab in the properties so you will have to first make it’s shortcut and then change the icon of the shortcut to google chrome.
4. Your Computer is Hacked
Copy this code to notepad
X=MsgBox("Error while opening.Do you want to fix this problem?",4+64,"My Computer")
X=MsgBox("This problem can not be fixed!",0+48,"My Computer")
X=MsgBox("Virus Detected on Your Computer!Do you want to scan your PC?",3+16,"Virus Alert")
X=MsgBox("Access Denied!Virus is Activated",2+16,"Virus Alert")
X=MsgBox("Virus is copying Your Passwords.........",2+48,"Virus is Activated")
X=MsgBox("Deleting System Files..........",2+16,"Virus is installed on Your System")
X=MsgBox("A harmful Virus is deleting your files.Do you want to stop this?",4+32,"Window Defender")
X=MsgBox("Access Denied! Your Computer is infected",0+16,"Virus Alert")
X=MsgBox("You can not access your computer anymore",2+16,"Your Computer is Hacked")
Save it as chrome.vbs and save it on the desktop, and disguise it with some icon.
5. Office Tricks
This computer trick works best in places where there are many computers placed next to each other.
You can –
1. Interchange the keyboard / mouse cable of two computers.
2. For old computers that has ps/2 cable connected to their cabinet, you can put the keyboard cable to mouse port and vice versa. Now every time the computer boot it will show an error message of the device not found.
3. Stick a tape to the bottom sensor of the mouse.
4. Edit the mouse setting, by default right clicks, is primary click used mainly for selection. And if you make the right click his left click and vice versa, this will drive him nuts. He will eventually figure it out but until it will be fun watching it.
These are some of my favorite one, Have you tried some other pranks which was not mentioned in this post ? If yes then share with me via comment below.